Shome®: The Pinnacle of Pole Barn Living
Do you spend countless hours in your workshop? If you are wanting a venue to be able to work in without being away from your family, a Shome® is exactly what you need!
As a fully insulated and temperature controlled workspace with a custom residential living quarters, a Shome® is the number one solution for modern country living. With a Shome®, you will benefit from the durability of a post-frame building while enjoying the beauty of a custom-designed home!
Shome® Wins Awards
- 2016 Residential 1st place Award: In 2016, Greiner Buildings won the Residential 1st Place Award with one of our Shome® buildings.
- 2014 Building Of The Year Award: In 2014, Greiner Buildings won the Building Of The Year Award for residential homes with one of our Shome® buildings. We show this project to new customers frequently, and it never fails to impress. With the perfect combination of living space, exterior leisure space, shop space, and storage space, the Shome® is truly the number one trendsetting structure on the market today.
Benefits of a Shome®
- Open Floor Plan: Large, clear span ceilings give customers the flexibility to create an open floor plan without load-bearing walls. A Shome® can span up to 100’ wide providing virtually limitless opportunities for lofts, balconies, second levels or just an open feel to your design.
- Energy Efficiency: Post-frame construction offers great energy efficiency with thicker wall cavities allowing for more insulation. Fiberglass blanket or closed cell spray foam are both great options to consider. Our fiberglass batts are 8’ wide to minimize seams and gaps, while closed-cell spray foam seals the building envelope and can add to structural integrity.
- Shop and Storage Space: For some people, a shop is their life. Build the shop of your dreams and work from the comfort of your home. The Shome® is known for its large storage options, which can spaciously accommodate your RV, boat, equipment or hobby collections.
- Built For You: A Shome® offers our customers an efficient and unique way of life. Some prefer larger shops with a more modest living area, while others prefer the luxury of larger living quarters with a smaller shop. Some prefer both! At Greiner Buildings, we enjoy hearing what our customer’s goals are, as well as their uses for the property. Whether you are sizing up or sizing down, we have ideas and options for you.
Build a Shome® of Your Own!
If you are interested in learning more about building your very own Shome®, give Greiner Buildings a call today. We will go through the entire process with you from start to finish. Our professional design team is able to create 2D and 3D CAD Designs so that you can customize your dream Shome® before the construction even begins. The Shome® is the perfect combination of pole barn with living quarters. Call us today to find out more about this structure that the entire Midwest is raving about!
Radiant Flooring in Shome®
If you decide to build a Shome® with Greiner Buildings, you'll have the chance to build the home of your dreams and nearly anything is possible. Whether you want a large or small pole barn home, we'll build it to your exact specifications and let you know of all the different options including colors, insulation types, and even radiant flooring. Watch the time-lapse video to see our expert team install a radiant floor for a Shome® in no time at all.
Browse our gallery of recent shop home projects for ideas and inspiration.
More Residential Buildings
We create residential metal buildings of all shapes and sizes, including hobby garages and more. The possibilities are endless.
The Greiner Difference
Because your time is important.
Because you want a building that lasts.
Because craftsmanship matters.
Complete Building Services
Because you don't need any stress.
What are you looking for?
Iowa and Illinois Accredited NFBA Builders. Washington, Clive, Kewanee, Quad Cities, Muscatine, Burlington, Des Moines, Ankeny, Winterset, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Solon, North Liberty, Mount Pleasant, Fairfield, Pella, Tipton, Williamsburg, Newton, Keota, Sigourney, Hiawatha, Marion, Columbus Junction, Wapello, Oskaloosa, Knoxville, Marshalltown, Altoona, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Bettendorf, Davenport, Ames, Kalona, Riverside, West Liberty, Princeton, Geneseo, Galesburg, LaSalle, Dixon, Rock Island, Moline, Wyoming, Sterling. Iowa and Illinois Quality Built Post Frame Pole Barns.